Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Missed My Train

I'm fighting a slight fall cold. As a result of taking some medicated NyQuil last night, I overslept this morning and missed my train. So I drove into Boston. The Mass Pike was a cluster yet again. Honestly, any time I've driven on the Pike during rush hour, the traffic has been just horrible. From my perspective, I can't really see how they're "suffering" and losing money. It is jammed pack during morning and evening drive-times.

Things seem to be pretty quiet on the news front. I've seen a lot of editorials against Question #1. The editorials cite funding to the MBTA as one of the reasons to vote against this ballot initiative. Also, I would like to thank everyone for their feedback regarding the parking increase and the need for more express trains on the Worcester-Framingham line. You can read comments here and here.

Today's Brockton Enterprise had an article about the town of Abington. Abington selectmen have asked the federal Railroad Administrative to study noise levels at MBTA/MBCR crossings in their town to see if quieter whistles can be used.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is a good thing you missed the train the (P508?) express train was standing room only today by West Natick even with all double decker cars. Of course, no fare's were collected. I actually saw the earlier local train arrive so I know that wasn't the problem.