Monday, June 21, 2010

Lots of MBCR Communication

Hello Fellow Trainstoppers! It's been awhile since I've visited the blog, but I wanted to pass along a bit of correspondence that I've received from MBCR ... and to apologize for the lack of posts. Sadly, my company is now blocking websites with a log in and Commute-a-holic is unavailable as well, so my good intentions are falling by the wayside.

First off, I want to ask what you all think of the new "board/depart only where there is conductor" policy? It doesn't seem to have adversely impacted the schedule, which is what I feared when it first started ... and everyone seems to be doing a good job for the most part.

One thing that is kind of annoying ... the looped announcements at the Grafton T stop thanking us for riding the MBTA. One day last week when the train was late, I would have expected the announcement to change, advising us of the delay, but it did not.

Here is post #1 from MBCR regarding a new commuting survey:

To all of our Worcester Line Customers

Commuter Rail Newsletter and Survey results are now available!

We are pleased to announce that the summer edition of the MBCR customer newsletter, the “Commuter Express” is now available. We hope to provide these informational pamphlets quarterly to provide our passengers with the latest information. If there is anything special that you would like to see addressed in future editions, please feel free to send your comments/suggestions to: www.mbcr.net

The newsletter is available online and can be viewed by clicking on the link below.
http://mbcr.net/customer%20service/Summer_Web.pdf

You may also pick up a copy which can be found at the information booths at Back Bay, South and North Stations.

Thank you to all those who participated in our last survey; please log on to the following link to see the results: http://mbcr.net/Survey_Results.html

Thank you for riding commuter rail.
Customer Service Massachusetts Bay Commuter Rail
Operating the Commuter Rail on behalf the of MBTA

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It would have been nice if the web links MBCR provided actually worked. Been trying since noon on June 21st and so far both links are page not found.

AJ said...

The new boarding policy really has effected me. I don't ride the real peak trains, like the P508 (820 arrival BB) or the P523 (506 departure at BB). However, having ridden those trains regularly, I suspect those are the people they are targeting. The same people that drive the average person nuts.

"I HAVE to be the first one on/off!"

I've always had a problem with these people, who throw common courtesy aside. They need to be on the train first to get a seat, even if they were one of the last to reach the platform. They have to be the first one off, so they can sprint to their car and not wait in parking traffic.

While this new policy may be a minor inconvenience for some, overall it seems like a great idea. I can't count how many times the P508 would come to an abrupt stop just outside of a station because with all the doors open, someone running tried to jump on the moving train. It's time people start being less selfish and realize that if we just work together everything could run much more smoothly. I know how cliche that sounds, but seriously. You were late, it's no one's fault but your own. Don't make me late as well, when I follow the rules. You got to the platform late? Don't push me aside because you don't wanna be uncomfortable. While you're at it, maybe keep an eye out for women or the elderly who might really need to sit. Don't want to stand? Get there sooner, like the rest of us.

I know ultimately this is about safety, and not etiquette, but I think one leads to the other. Since switching to the two later trains I can't tell you how much more I enjoy my rides. Less crowds, less mavericks, just people going about their business and our trains run smoothly.