Friday, January 11, 2008

Status Quo Friday Morning Commute, But is Anyone Worried about the Possible Amtrak Strike?

Friday morning inbound commute update: Status quo, passes collected, fairly normal and only about 5 minutes behind schedule.

My train arrived at Back Bay Station at 8:24 a.m. (I got off to take the Orange Line). Scheduled arrival time is 8:19 a.m. I can handle a 5 minute delay, especially on a morning with wacky winter weather (like a thunder and lightening storm).

The conductors must have been on crack or something, they kept announcing "Have a Happy Day! This is the happy train!" Um, whatever. The most annoying part of my commute this AM were the two dudes sitting behind me babbling about the most insipid things. SHUT UP!

You know, I asked senior management in my company yesterday if they had a contingency plan in place if Amtrak goes on strike. One of the SVP's said ... "um, yeah, to drive." Well, that's not realistic to assume the entire company can drive in. He was really condescending and I was peeved.

My brother said he heard some commuter rail conductors talking that if Amtrak does strike, they're not crossing the picket lines. So, maybe there wouldn't even be commuter rail service? I think it's a bigger issue than people realize and it irks me when they don't take it seriously.

Is anyone else concerned that the possibility of Amtrak going out on strike will mean that commuter rail service on the MBTA/MBCR lines will be impacted?

1 comment:

Tree People Love said...

Your are so depressed! I think people like you should get their own state so you wont pollute the rest of us happy people.. LOLOL