Please note the following MBTA Information for Patriot.s Day on Monday, April 20, 2009:
- Commuter Rail trains will operate on their regular weekday schedule.
- Blue, Orange, Green and Red Line trains, and Green Line streetcars, will operate on a weekday schedule with extra service before and after the Boston Marathon.
- Silver Line Waterfront service will operate on a weekday schedule.
- All Local Buses and Trackless Trolleys will operate on a Saturday schedule.
- Express Buses will operate differently depending on the route, many will operate on a Saturday schedule; riders should review their specific route's schedule at www.mbta.com.
- Inner Harbor Ferry service from Charlestown and Long Wharf will operate on its regular weekday schedule.
- Commuter Boat service from Hingham, Quincy and Hull will operate on its regular weekday schedule.
- THE RIDE will operate on a modified weekday schedule.
Additional MBTA Transportation Information
- Copley Station will be closed all day. Riders should use Arlington Station and the Hynes Station.
- Many buses that service Back Bay and Copley Square will be rerouted at certain times due to the Boston Marathon.
- Route 55 Bus - No service at all until after the completion of the marathon.