Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Coats, Flip Flops and a Sluggish Commute

I'm back riding the rails again this morning. I love the fall!! And early fall can be a hysterical thing in the world of fashion in Boston. Saw a lot of people this morning wearing coats and flip flops. As much as I enjoy wearing a good flip flop, I'm thinking that Bostonians need to retire them for the rest of '08 in lieu of some more appropriate footwear.

My first day back on the P508 was all-right. We were slightly late-ish this morning. Almost sluggish. We were going quite slowly through Wellesley and then we had to sit outside of South Station for a couple of minutes waiting for a track. We arrived to South Station at 8:28 a.m.

Thanks go out to AJ for sharing an update about yesterday morning's commute. I almost feel guilty about my zippy ride in yesterday morning on the Pike. But then I think about how much my car's repairs cost and all my guilt goes away.

Train news was pretty quiet today. The Boston Herald published an update this morning to the 2006 settlement that the MBTA made with the Boston Center for Independent Living and 11 other individual plaintiffs. According to a Herald survey, One-third of the T's 127 stations continue to remain inaccessible to individuals with disabilities. The T says it will take another 5 to 7 years to make all stations 100% accessible. The accessibility of T stations has increased from 26% to 81% over the past eight years.

No comments: