Thursday, December 20, 2007

A Glorious Commute This Morning on the Commuter Rail

My inbound commute this morning on the Worcester-Framingham line was a Christmas Miracle!! Thankfully this was my last inbound commute until after the Christmas holiday!
  1. The P508 train showed up on time to Grafton at 7:19 a.m.!
  2. There were enough two decker cars for the busiest morning run!
  3. The train moved along at a nice pace, not dawdling at every single stop!
  4. The conductors collected everyone's passes and tickets!
  5. The conductors opened all of the doors!
  6. The conductors were nice!
  7. We made it to Boston almost ON TIME! HALLELUJAH!
  8. The conductors actually wished everyone Happy Holidays and thanked us for riding the crappy T!!! (Of course they didn't say crappy T, but you get the point).
For once, I actually had a better commute than some of my friends and coworkers. I heard driving around the greater-Boston area this morning (especially in and around 495 and on the Mass Pike) was not a lot of fun because of the snow and the extra traffic.

Dare I hope that the commute home will be as smooth and seamless?!? We shall see.

No comments: