Monday, December 31, 2007

New Year's Resolutions for the MBTA and Commuters

Happy Monday! The last Monday of 2007.

I thought this MBTA and Commuters Resolution for 2008 list featured today on BostonNow was appropriate to share this morning. This list provides resolutions for both commuters (such as a big pet peeve of mine - people who feel the need to share their cellphone conversation with the entire commuter rail car) and the MBTA.

This resolutions list charges the MBTA with some big tasks, including making the commuter rail trains run on time (what a novel concept), managing to a budget, and avoiding a fare increase in 2008.

I just hope the commuter rail trains improve their on-time performance rate in 2008. I want the Worcester-Framingham line to go from the worst performing line to the best. Now that would make me look forward to commuting in 2008.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

After taking the dismal Framingham-Worcester commuter rail for four years, I finally have had a enough. I start a new job closer to home next week. I got tired of trying to explain to my boss why I was late. Again.

Train Rider said...

Commutergirl,
Good luck with your new job. I think most of the commuters who ride on the Worcester-Framingham train dream of finding shorter commutes. Also wishing you good luck with avoiding any auto traffic delays.