Monday, December 31, 2007

Worcester-Framingham Line Inbound P508 Continues to Not Provide On Time Service

I was home sick on Friday. So I didn't have to commute in on the last Friday in 2007.

But I'm feeling better and even with the light snow fall, prepared to go into Boston for work today.

So, I get to the Grafton train station at 7:00 a.m., I check the T website with my Blackberry to make sure the train was on time. Even with the snow, the P508 train was running on time (as of 7 a.m.).

At around 7:30, the train still hadn't come, so I checked the website again and it said the P508 (which departs at 7:19 a.m. from the Grafton station) was canceled and that the next train (I take the P512 b/c the P510 does not service any of the Worcester-area stations) was running 25-30 minutes late!!!

So I said eff that and came home. I am now working from home on the last day of the year. Thankfully my boss is very understanding (as my boss also has to endure the commuter rail dramas, albeit on a different line).

For the last day of 2007, thus far the Worcester-Framingham line's performance is NOT on-time.

I can't wait to see what the December on-time performance rate is. It can't be good!!

No comments: