Monday, December 10, 2007

Monday's Commute

Another Monday in Massachusetts, another day of inclimate weather.

Last night's rain turned into freezing rain this morning. The roads weren't too bad ... the worst one was my driveway and the T parking lot. I nearly fell flat on my face at the Grafton station's parking lot, it was so icy. Nice job sanding there T staff!!

Why do I have to pay for parking if the parking lot can't be maintained? Plus, with the icy roads, more people rely on the train because they don't want to drive unless they really have to.

Oh, the train was LOVELY today ... NOT.

Let's see ... we got stuck behind another train out of Framingham, so we were practically crawling through MetroWest .... we got to South Station at 9:35 (for a 9:00 arrival).

Oh well, at least another $15.50 in reimbursements will be coming my way.

At least I won't be taking the train again until Thursday. I have a business trip in NYC tomorrow. Let's see - will the Shuttle get me to NYC faster than the commuter rail gets be to Boston? We'll just have to wait and see.

No comments: