Monday, November 26, 2007

Your Train is delayed

The MBTA announced a new T-Alerts system this morning. Basically this is a pilot program where the T will send out updates regarding train, bus or ferry routes. Only 3,000 people can be selected for the pilot program. Messages about transit delays will be sent to a subscriber's email, mobile phone or wireless devices.

I wonder if this will work? I wonder if I'll be selected as one of the 3,000 pilot participants. The program will not be rolled out to everyone else until early 2008.

If I get this update in the morning, it will help me decide to either (1) drive to another train station or (2) drive all the way into the city. If I get this alert for the evening commute, I can always find a favorite watering home to call my own.

No comments: