Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Central Parking Shows Great Customer Service - Response to My Email About the Icy Grafton Commuter Rail Station Parking Lot

On the evening of Thursday, February 28th, I fell in the Grafton MBTA station parking lot. The lot was icy.

I initially sent this email to the MBCR. The MBCR, in typical fashion, stated that they were not responsible for the parking lots at MBTA stations. I was then referred to Central Parking. When I first got the referral, I thought "wow - here goes the typical blame game, pass the buck maneuver by the T/MBCR."

Boy, was I wrong. Not only did I get quick reply from Central Parking's Mohamed Warsame, I received an actionable reply. That's right - Central Parking explained what happened and they provided me with contact information to contact them if I ever encounter poor parking lot situations.

Below is a copy of the email I sent to Central Parking and the reply I received from Central Parking.

Thank you, Mohamed Warsame and Central Parking. Perhaps you would be willing to give the MBTA some lessons in customer service?

From: Train Rider
Sent: Friday, March 07, 2008 10:30 PM
To: Warsame, Mohamed
Subject: Icy Grafton Parking Lot

To Whom It May Concern:

I take the Worcester/Framingham line daily from Grafton to either Back Bay or South Station.

Last Thursday evening when the train arrived at the Grafton station (it was approximately 8:30 PM), I left the train and headed across the parking lot to my car. A person in front of me slid on the ice after stepping off of the curb, but did not fall. When I stepped off of the curb, I too slid on the ice, but I fell down and injured my knee. I have a huge bruise and cuts on my knee from the fall.

I'm concerned with the fact that more wasn't done to sand the parking lot, especially since there was was rain and snow overnight.

I originally sent this complaint to MBCR who referred me to you. Please let me know how this will be addressed.

Thank you,
Train Rider

Subject: RE: Icy Grafton Parking Lot
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2008 07:52:08 -0600
From: "Warsame, Mohamed"
To: Train Rider

Dear customer,

I'm truly sorry for injury you suffer at parking lot we have a contractor whose job is to plow, salt & sand at parking lot every time it snow or ice on ground- please call me at convenience so I can forward you information to the contractor. 617-426-6748 ext-120 Monday-Friday 9am till 5pm.

Thank you,
Mohamed Warsame

In other news, this morning's P508 inbound commute was fine. The train was on-time, actually slightly ahead of schedule. We arrived to South Station at 8:20 a.m., three minutes ahead of the 8:23 a.m. arrival time.

The daylight savings switch is killing me in the mornings. It is too dark. I keep on sleeping through my alarm, then I rush around to get ready and book it to the train. At least it is sunny/light out at night.

No comments: