Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Recent Outbound/Inbound Trips on the Worcester-Framingham Commuter Rail Line

Let's see. I haven't given an outbound commute update in a while.

Last night's commute home was uneventful and fairly on time. I took the 4:58 p.m. train (otherwise known as the P523) from South Station. I got to Grafton at 6:03 p.m. (the scheduled arrival time is 5:57 p.m.). So, 6 minutes behind schedule.

Today's inbound commute update: 10 minutes or so behind schedule again this morning. I don't think I've been able to take an inbound train in 2008 that has arrived on time. Seeing that today is January 16th, we're at the midway point for the month. The Worcester-Framingham line is looking as though it will not be hitting the on-time performance mark yet again.

This morning I took the 7:19 a.m. from Grafton (this is the P508). We got to Back Bay Station at 8:27 a.m. The scheduled arrival time to Back Bay is supposed to be 8:18 a.m. So we were 9 minutes behind schedule. Since I got off at Back Bay and took the Orange Line to my office, I have no idea what the P508's actual arrival to South Station was.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have taken 18 trains so far in January, mostly P508 (the morning "express") and P531 (departing S. Station at "6:20 pm").

Here are the stats so far, and they aren't pretty:

13 trains late (5 minutes or more) out of 18, for an on-time performance of 28 percent. Total delay minutes: 188 (over three hours of my life gone forever...thanks to this joke of a system we call the commuter rail).

So when the MBTA/MBCR announces their on-time results for January (which will almost certainly be above 28 percent), remember they are counting ALL trains throughout the day.

If they counted just RUSH HOUR trains, which most people ride, the results would be much, much lower, as my numbers show.

I have to say I'm not very optimistic for the 2nd half of January.


NatickDweller