Friday, January 4, 2008

Worcester-Framingham Line's P512 Inbound Commuter Rail Train Late on Friday

The inbound Worcester-Framingham line train that I was on was late today ... shocking.

I took the P512, which leaves Grafton at 7:49 a.m. and is supposed to get to South Station at 8:59 a.m.

We were going really slowly from Natick through the Wellesleys.

I ended up getting out at the Back Bay Station , so I could take the MBTA's Orange line train over to my office because it's so cold out.

Anyhoo ... my commuter rail train got to Back Bay at 9:06 a.m.. (the scheduled arrival time to Back Bay is supposed to be 8:54 a.m.). So the P512 12 minutes late this morning.

It's a New Year, but the MBTA/MBCR is off to a delayed start, at least in regards to the Worcester-Framingham line's performance.

So here is how my inbound commutes stacked up this week:
  • Mon., 12/31/2007 - ABORTED COMMUTE. I attempted to take the P508 train into Boston. This train, which normally departs at 7:19 a.m., was running 25-30 minutes late as of 7:30 a.m. So I drove back home and worked from home.
  • Tue., 1/1/2008 - New Year's Holiday. Day off.
  • Wed., 1/2/2008 - LATE COMMUTE. The P508 arrived into South Station 10 minutes late.
  • Thu., 1/3/2008 - DROVE IN. I had to drive into work because I could not depend on the train arriving into Boston on-time. I had an early morning meeting that I needed to attend.
  • Fri., 1/4/2008 - LATE COMMUTE. The P512 was at least 12 minutes late when it arrived into the Back Bay Station. Who knows how late the train ended up being on its arrival to South Station.
Well, four days into 2008 and the commuter rail is not showing a promising improvement in terms of the on-time performance rate. We'll have to see how the year shapes up.

No comments: