Friday, January 18, 2008

All Inbound Morning Rush Hour Commutes are Delayed on the Worcester Line

All morning trains are delayed due to a "roadway" problem. What is that? An accident?

I hate the commuter rail today!

So, the 7:19 a.m. showed up to Grafton at 7:55 a.m.. I was on my way to my car to drive in, but heard the train so booked back to the platform.

All of the doors were shut, so passengers had to open them to board the train. There were no conductors to be seen to either explain the delay or collect passes.

The biggest issue is the fact that NO ONE made any announcements the entire trip, but especially to say the train became a local, so we've stopped at every station, including all of the Newton stops. No doubt the P508 turned into a local train because the P510 was delayed due to the P508 delays.

I am beyond irritated. Sure, I'll get $15.50 back in 6-8 weeks, but really, I just want to get to work on time.

I'm curious about what the "roadway" delayed in. In chatting with friends who drive to work, the Mass Pike, 495 and 128 were all "fine" this morning.

Thank you MBTA and MBCR for such fantastic service!

Sent from my BlackBerry Wireless Device

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

heard that a vehicle hit a railroad bridge

Anonymous said...

I was on the train, it was real fun. 30 seconds out of the Worcester station -- ground to a dead stop.

They told us it was a tree across the tracks.

Must have been a big tree if it took 40 minutes to clear it out of the way.