Thursday, January 31, 2008

Today's Commute and WiFi Buzz

My commute this morning:

Took the P508 out of Grafton. We got into Back Bay Station at 8:23 a.m. The scheduled arrival time is supposed to be 8:18 a.m. I took the Orange Line from Back Bay to my office.

Apparently a lot of riders on the Worcester-Framingham line are intersted in the Wi-Fi. I heard at least three people ask about it. But the conductor in my car said "he had no idea about the details surrounding and the MBTA didn't tell them anything," so it's like trial and error to figure out which car actually has it. Once again - the T rolls this thing out in a half-a$$ way.

2 comments:

DJHeini said...

I was on the same train from Grafton to Boston, and I had no problem getting onto the wifi. I saw white signs on the outside of probably three of the coaches saying that they had wifi. I got in one, turned on my laptop, and immediately saw and connected to "Commuter Rail Connect". Click the "I accept" button, and then you're connected. Overall pretty simple, though the actual performance during the ride wasn't perfect.

Good job on the blog. I had thought about starting one myself, and then saw that the Framingham/Worcester CR line was already well represented in the blogosphere.

Train Rider said...

djheini,

Thanks for visiting Train Stopping!

The more blogs, the better. So if you want to start one, DO IT. Keep the noise up. Blogger makes it easy to blog.

And if you know of other blogs covering either the Worcester-Framingham commuter rail line that I "love" so much or other commuter rail lines, drop me a line. I love highlighting the experiences of other MBTA/MBCR commuter rail riders.

Cheers!
Train Rider