Friday, April 18, 2008

Lovely Spring Day, Lovely Morning Commute

TGIF!! Boy, this weather definitely causes me to have some "spring fever."

I didn't post yesterday because I missed my train and had to drive into Boston. The traffic on the Mass Pike was horrendous. Totally awful. When I was stuck in traffic, inching my way towards Boston, I wished I had been riding on the train instead.

This morning's commute was drama free. I arrived to the Grafton train station on time and took the P508 train into the city. We arrived to Back Bay Station at 8:15 a.m. and I jumped off to take the Orange Line to my office.

I am hoping to be able to spring out of work early today. If all goes well, I want to be on an early train home.

In MBTA-related news, read this article about a Concord town meeting that was attended by the MBTA-Fitchburg line project manager.

The Boston Herald reports that the MBTA is suing CSX for last month's accident in Canton.

Finally, WBZ ran a story about how MBTA buses are using more environmentally friendly gas.

Even though Monday is a Massachusetts holiday, the MBTA will be operating on a regular schedule due to the 112th running of the Boston Marathon!!

No comments: