Wednesday, April 30, 2008

My Status Quo P508 Commute This Morning

I can't believe this is the last day in April. Where did the month go? It seemed to completely zip by.

I took the P508 train in this morning. A totally uneventful commute. The train arrived in Grafton at 7:11 a.m. We were one double-decker car short this morning. In lieu of the normal double-decker car, we had a single car at the end of the train. We were at South Station for 8:21 a.m. It was a nice morning to walk from South Station to my office.

One of my co-workers lives in Canton and takes the Providence-Stoughton line into work. She said that her train has been delayed by at least one hour every morning this week so far. That would drive me crazy.

I think I would also be going crazy if I had to rely on the Franklin Forge line. Commute-a-holic told me that this train has had delays every day this week . Well at least according to the SmarTraveler updates which air on WCVB-TV Channel 5 each morning. I wonder if the MBTA/MBCR are planning on changing schedules for either of these lines? I also wonder if the Providence delays are due to Amtrak rail work - I know that Amtrak announced rail work last month.

Here's to some better commmutes for the Providence-Stoughton line and Franklin line commuters.

No comments: