Monday, April 7, 2008

My Monday Commute Was Fine

Wow - it is nice to see the sun again. What miserable weather we had this past weekend, huh? I mean - I guess April Showers bring May Flowers, but it would be nice if the temperatures could exceed 35 degrees.

My inbound commute was fine this morning. Although not every Worcester-Framingham line commuter could say that. I heard the P500 that leaves Framingham at 5:40 a.m. had some performance issues.

I took the P508 from Grafton. We were at Back Bay Station at 8:17 a.m. and at South Station for 8:23 a.m. So yet another commute that was right on time.

I still haven't noticed any published On Time Performance Results for March 2008. I did read an interesting article in yesterday's Starts & Stops column in the West version of The Sunday Globe but I can't seem to find it online. I did find this article from yesterday's Globe about the proposed extension of the Blue Line to Lynn. I guess this is something that has been debated since 1947!!! In 2008 dollars, an extension would cost $600 million and probably only provide marginal benefits to the greater Lynn-metro area. Lynn is served with transportation to Boston via both commuter rail (the Newburyport-Rockport line) and bus lines.

I don't live on the North Shore, so I can't speak as a citizen who could be impacted by the Blue Line extension. However, it seems like a lot of money to spend within a transit system that is running out of money. Plus, a lot of Massachusetts cities need an economic boost. This could be interesting.

No comments: