Thursday, May 22, 2008

Special Request

Train Stopping has been contacted by a reporter for a national publication who is interested in speaking with Boston-area commuters who have recently started commuting via the commuter rail/public transportation instead of driving to work due to the high cost of gas.

If you have recently started riding the rails or taking the bus instead of driving to work, please feel free to contact me, Train Rider, at worctrainrider AT gmail.com or send an email to Commute-a-holic at commuteaholic AT gmail.com.

The cost of gas impacts all of us. Commute-a-holic said it was the lead story on the Today Show this morning. One analyst believes that gas could go as high as $12 a gallon. Both Commute-a-holic and I remember the gas crisis of the 1970s. It is a shame that we squandered 30 years of dilly-dallying instead of coming up with viable energy options to fossil fuels. Hopefully the rising energy costs is a wake-up call for all of us to be more mindful of our decisions.

In commute-related news, I had a status quo commute. My train arrived to South Station at around 8:22 a.m. today and I took the Silver Line to my office.

No comments: