Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Zippy Commute

Here's a midday post, due in part to conference calls and webinars.

My morning commute was good. It seemed to zip by, probably because I was engrossed in reading my latest book The House at Riverton. The P508 arrived to South Station at 8:21 a.m.

I will be working from home tomorrow. I have an overnight webinar with clients in a time zone far, far away. So I'm hoping my return trip home this evening will be as zippy and pleasant as this morning's commute.

Before I wrap up this post, I did want to comment on the "Free rides for MBTA workers" article from this morning's Herald that Commute-a-holic posted. Along with sharing how MBTA workers use a T-supplied vehicle 24/7, I would like to know how many parking spaces on main streets here in Boston are reserved for "city" officials? And are "city reserved" parking spaces only used by vehicles owned/operated by the City of Boston, or do agencies like the T get to park their cars in these special spots. I'm just curious about this, as I see a lot of these spots all over the city.

No comments: