Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The Pike is Busy

Yup. It is nearly 3:00 p.m. and I'm just getting around to posting today. Both Commute-a-holic and I have been pretty busy at work. Hectic days can be good - at least they're good for us at our respective jobs.

I drove to work today because I need to run some errands on my way home from work. The traffic on the Pike was horrible this morning. I'm not sure why they're hurting for money (other than the whole Big Dig issue), since the Pike is always packed when I take it. And why did they decide to take away one of the Fast Lane tollbooth from the inbound East lanes to give people coming from Weston an extra tollbooth? In my opinion this seems stupid because it causes more of a backup for those of driving in on the Pike from the Western exits. I just don't get it. It would be helpful to understand why lanes come and go.

The Pike is in a financial mess. The state is in a financial mess. Things are messy right now.

Moving on. WickedLocal Marshfield published a story yesterday about the Greater Attleboro Taunton Regional Authority (GATRA). GATRA is now running one-way trips from Kingston through Duxbury into Marshfield and Pembroke.

Finally, from a news perspective, Ars Technica ran yet another story about the MIT student hackers today.

I think it may be safe to say that there are a lot of Worcester-Framingham commuter rail riders unhappy with the "new" schedule. We need more express trains from Worcester to Boston and we need to make sure that trips aren't disrupted whether they originate in Worcester or originate elsewhere on the line. Thanks to FRAMINGHAMINATOR for your comments!

No comments: