Monday, June 9, 2008

Muggy Monday Morning Commute

Here's to the first Heat Wave of 2008. It is another scorcha here in Boston. I can't believe it is only the 9th day of June and we're already in the hot, hot, hot weather. At least it hasn't been too hazy or too humid yet.

I had to mix things up this morning. Due to an early morning meeting at work, I took the P506 from Grafton today. We arrived to South Station at 8:13 a.m., about 8 minutes behind schedule (or 10 minutes ahead of the P508, depending on how you look at it).

Commute-a-holic told me that the SmartRoutes reports on WCVB-TV Channel 5 this morning reported that the Franklin Line was running 15-minutes behind. Yikes! I hope those commuter rail cars had working AC.

Here's an article about train passengers from

Since it is so hot outside, I'm actually glad to be in the office today.


AJ said...

The P508 was late this morning too, so you were a little further ahead. It hit Grafton 2 minutes behind and once we crossed under the Pike it slowed greatly. We trolled from the New Balance factory all the way into Back Bay and arrived about 8:26. There was no announcement as to why.

Anonymous said...

The P521 and P523 were both 30 minutes late arriving at Framingham today. The P523 got an announcement of it being heat-related (track oddities) only after they were already 20 minutes late. So as a "chauffeur" I was not happy to be sitting in the parking lot for 40 minutes when I could have been off at the mall or the Dunks or *someplace* with AC :-).

After the train arrived, we noted that the matrix board was now messaging us about the "15 minute delays." Hah.

AJ said...

Just to follow up, we had a softball game on the common last night, so I caught the P533 (721 PM) train home. 5 minutes after it should have arrived, they finally told us that the train had just arrived at South Station and would be a few minutes late. 20 minutes later (now 25 past the scheduled departure), we were underway. When I got to Grafton 30 minutes late, the sign said the P533 was running about 15 minutes late. I really wish they would be honest, but at least the AC was working!